Celebrating 2017 Results
2016-2017 was a fantastic year at Carrfield Primary School with strong end-of-year results across the school:
- The percentage of KS2 children achieving the expected standard in Reading, Writing and Maths rapidly increased by 22% – a similar increase is being targeted for the 2017-18 academic year.
- The percentage of KS2 children achieving the expected standard in Maths almost doubled from 37% in 2016 to 72% in 2017.
- Our Early Years Good Level of Development percentage remains consistently above the national average.
- All KS1 outcomes in Reading, Writing and Maths were above or in line with the national average.
- Phonics outcomes in Year 1 were above the national average.
- Pupil Premium Grant gaps rapidly closing in all subjects across school.
- 89% of children across the school made at least expected progress in Maths, with over a third of pupils making better than expected progress.
- 83% of children across the school made at least expected progress in Reading, with almost a quarter of pupils making better than expected progress.
We would like to thank all our fantastic children and staff for their hard work in securing these results, as well as our parents and carers for their support.
Carrfield Primary Academy!
At Carrfield Primary Academy, children are at the centre of everything we do. We teach academic skills as well as developing the whole child, in order to prepare pupils for their next stage of education and to enable them to lead active and happy lives. Our values of Resilience, Empathy, Aspiration, Contribution and Happiness run through all parts of school life and create a calm, happy and hardworking atmosphere with a strong commitment to all pupils achieving their full potential, regardless of their starting points.
Pupils start their learning journey with us in Foundation Stage where our provision, both indoors and outdoors, allows them to develop their investigative skills, test their ideas and to learn the basics of number and language. Our curriculum then develops these skills further, as pupils grow through school. The knowledge and skills we teach through an enjoyable and engaging curriculum, ensure pupils leave Carrfield fully prepared for later life, with memories they will never forget!
Andrew Crossley, Principal
Should you have any queries or general enquiries, please contact Mr. Andrew Crossley (Principal) or Miss Laura Booth (Office Manager) in the first instance on 01709 893121.
If, as a parent of a pupil attending Carrfield Primary Academy, you require a paper copy of any information on this website, we shall provide this to you free of charge.
Carrfield Academy nor Astrea Academy Trust are not responsible for the content on external pages, even if linked from this site. If you have any concerns please contact us.